The origins of the things we want to change in our lives often lie in the difference between the way we think and how nature works – be it our own individual nature, the nature of human relationships or the nature of our planet.
By reconnecting deeply with with ourselves, with each other and the world around us we allow the way nature works to flow back into our thinking. By healing the rift between ourselves and nature we open the door to profound, personal transformation that improves our well-being, makes us more resilient and feel more complete. It helps us find our path to living with authenticity and purpose, a path where our actions make a valued contribution to the world.
A Natural Change Retreat offers an increasingly rare chance to truly experience ourselves as part of the web of life and be inspired by our place among its ever-changing yet timeless relationships. A powerfully transformative experience, our participants leave:
- feeling liberated, revived and inspired
- reconnected with the things that are truly important to them
- enjoying richer relationships with others and with nature
- having gained unexpected insights and a fresh perspective on the world
- having developed the courage, energy and strength to do what really matters to them
The Natural Change approach is founded on over two decades of study and professional experience, drawing on the well established fields of ecopsychology, group dynamics and outdoor learning. It is underpinned by a significant body of evidence that the benefits of experiences in nature include:
- psychological benefits like less anxiety and depression;
- physiological benefits like reduced heart disease, cancer, diabetes and better recovery rates from trauma;
- social benefits like less social isolation, better communications, better relationships, greater creativity, better leadership, deeper engagement, and a greater desire to live more sustainably.